Win £5,000 and a package of mentoring to get your business idea off the ground
Get free support with Tide & The Pitch
Unfortunately, this competition has now closed. If you're interested in finding grants, mentoring and other support for your start up, please sign up to The Pitch's newsletter.
Unfortunately, this competition has now closed. If you’re interested in finding grants, mentoring and other support for your start up, please sign up to The Pitch’s newsletter.
Tide & The Pitch have teamed up to offer cash and support to someone who’s trying to get their business off the ground.
How could £5,000 help you launch your business? What about a package of mentoring support and a smart business account packed with all financial features you will need?
What does the mentoring package include?
We’ve lined up five amazing mentors to help your business grow:
- Develop your pitch: The Pitch programme manager Chris Goodfellow
- Get investment: Angel investor and FounderCatalyst founder Sam Simpson
- Make more sales: Flume Sales Training founder Raoul Monks
- Get your finances sorted: Link Stone Advisory founder Richard Spilsbury
- Develop your mindset: Enabler and executive coach Lucy-Rose Walker
Do I need to have a registered company?
No. The competition is designed for people that are just starting out, so it doesn’t matter if you haven’t registered a limited company yet or plan to trade under self-employed status.
Tide offers free company registration, paying the £12 incorporation fee on your behalf, which you can take advantage of when you open your business banking account.
Can I enter if I already have a business bank account?
Yes. Our intention is to help as many people as possible. You will still need to open a Tide account to enter the competition and we hope you continue to use it, but it’s up to you.
Is this a separate competition to The Pitch?
Yes – it’s a separate competition to The Pitch 2023, which aims to help startups who want to raise investment.
You can enter both competitions (here’s The Pitch application page).
What happens if I’ve already entered The Pitch?
That’s totally fine! You can still enter the Tide competition.
What if I haven’t started trading yet?
No problem! The competition is designed to support people who are keen to start a new business, it doesn’t matter what stage you’re at.
Can we take part if we’ve already launched?
Yes – people that have recently started a business can enter. The prize is designed to help people get their business off the ground.
How will the winner be chosen?
The Pitch team will pick the winner based on answers to the How will the £5,000 prize help you start a business? question. We want to hear from inspiring founders who will use the cash to do something amazing.
How long are applications open for and when will we find out who won?
The competition will be open from 8th to 31st August. The winner will be announced in September. We may extend the deadline for entries.
Competition terms and conditions
- The competition is open to legal residents of the United Kingdom who are 18 years of age or older.
- To be eligible to win, participants must open a Tide Business Account with Tide Platform Limited (“Tide”). Please see here for details of Tide’s Business Account eligibility criteria.
- To be eligible participants must send their application and signup for a Tide Business Account between 1st August 2023 and 31st August 2023 (we may extend the deadline for entries).
- Only one entry per person will be accepted.
- Only one winner will be selected to receive the prize.
- The winner will be selected based on their answer to the “How will £5,000 help you start a business?” question from all eligible entries received during the competition period.
- The winner will be announced in September 2023. The £5,000 will be transferred to the winner’s registered Tide Business Account within 15 working days.
- No purchase is required when entering this competition.
- By participating in this competition, participants agree to abide by these terms and conditions and the decisions of the competition administrators, which are final and binding in all respects.